Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NukedIceCream

Race FINALLY confirmed to be coming to Halo 5

13 posts in this topic

This morning game spot published an article as a follow up to the first part of the upcoming Halo 5 update. This article outlined details that weren't shared (should be coming later today) by 343i on the first announcement.

The most important of all of these is the announcement that race will finally be coming to Halo 5. We currently only know that it will exist, but nothing more than that. We should be receiving more details when the 2nd part of the preview drops later today.

Part one of monitors bounty preview

Link to gamespot article

I'll be updating this post as we get more information, share your thoughts below with what you think about this announcement.

UPDATE:

and an official post regarding it.

The arena update is also here, there will be two race modes added into the action sack playlist. One rally hog and one ghost, let's show these guys the superiority of the garbagegoose.

3 people like this

I'm sure 343 will find some way to screw it up.

They already have started to mess it up, they've given us the worst driving mongoose in Halo to date. I'm really just waiting for their official word on it in the community update later today.

I'm sure 343 will find some way to screw it up.

Edit: Holy double posts, Batman!

I got chu, Blood.

They already have started to mess it up, they've given us the worst driving mongoose in Halo to date. I'm really just waiting for their official word on it in the community update later today.

I hope 343 treats this as a start to something awesome. The issues with the 'Goose are nearly game-breaking, but it's the final piece. Once (and if) the Mongoose is improved, things might get a little crazy.

Regardless, this is huge news. The ball is in our court now, and we need to make sure that HT is at the forefront of everything.

1 person likes this

We have received the twist that comes with our new gametype, it's not an official gametype but moreso a mode that we will be able to create and customize through forge scripting and gametype options. We will need to wait until it fully releases before we can be sure of how it works, how to set it up, or what we can do with it until after the update drops tomorrow.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/monitor-s-bounty-forge-preview

We have received the twist that comes with our new gametype, it's not an official gametype but moreso a mode that we will be able to create and customize through forge scripting and gametype options. We will need to wait until it fully releases before we can be sure of how it works, how to set it up, or what we can do with it until after the update drops tomorrow.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/monitor-s-bounty-forge-preview

I actually prefer it this way, since things like that typically mean that the user isn't imposed with as many constraints. I already know Demo racing is possible. Battle Tracks should be, as well. I'm interested to see what options we can use to improve Supercross racing. One thing that comes to mind is that there could be a way to score a holeshot using some tricky scripting.

I actually prefer it this way, since things like that typically mean that the user isn't imposed with as many constraints. I already know Demo racing is possible. Battle Tracks should be, as well. I'm interested to see what options we can use to improve Supercross racing. One thing that comes to mind is that there could be a way to score a holeshot using some tricky scripting.

It'd be interesting to try to make demo with this instead, the current demo setup is terrible.

It'd be interesting to try to make demo with this instead, the current demo setup is terrible.

With the flag object being scriptable (that's a word now), it shouldn't be too difficult.