Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Le Hefe

HaloTracks Update - 8 December 2016

12 posts in this topic

HTUpdateHalo4UNSClogo2_zpsfbaaa5c8.png

Our yearly update schedule is on point. It's another comeback, because I'm atrocious at running a website.

In this update, we're going to touch up on a very special Halo 5 content release and give an update on HT 5.0. Sit back and enjoy what could be the first and last HT Update of 2016. Don't forget to come at me, bro.

monitorsbounty2.jpg

Update: Monitor's Bounty is available now! Update size is 7.2GB

Let's get right into what 343 are calling an "ambitious" update: Monitor's Bounty. Look, I know you've probably already looked at the original article or one of the thousand YouTube videos talking about this. So we're not going to get into too much detail, but I will touch up on some areas important to our community.

This free update to Halo 5, available today, provides the largest update to Forge ever. Well, as far as Halo 5 is concerned. Over 650 new objects have been added to Forge. These objects include things like more detailed crates, ancient Sangheili architecture (Elite stone stuff), Forerunner architecture, new lights, scripts, banners, and so much more. Quite a few models from the campaign are making their way into Forge as well, continuing a growing trend in some of the more recent updates.

The update also includes 2 new canvases.

barrens.jpg

depths.jpg

"This update was a labor of love by a team passionate about empowering the community to create whatever they want to make the legacy of Halo 5 their own." - Tom French, UGC Director, 343 Industries

Tom French has led the Forge team since Halo 5's development. He and his team have worked tirelessly to keep Forge nice and fresh since the game mode launched in December 2015. That being said, the Forge team has another surprise for us:

RACE IS BACK, BABY!!

race.jpg

Kind of. Monitor's Bounty drops with a new tools that allow users to craft their own experience in Halo 5. I'm talkin' 'bout making your own gametypes. I'm talkin' 'bout ruling the way that gametype governs a map. The ultimate goal of this update is to offload the work to the community, because 343 is too lazy to do it themselves.

That was a joke.

In reality, these options have been a "dream" of Frenchy and his team for quite some time. Due to the loss of one of the team's programmers, that dream was pushed back. This eventually culminated in the addition of Arena Multiplayer teams pitching in to help complete the update. While the timing is certainly up for debate, I have no doubt that Monitor's Bounty bears the fruits of a lot of hard labor.

Now that we have that out of the way, we haven't been told everything just yet. Information about how to create gametypes and manage them within Forge should come soon.

That being said, RACE IS BACK BABY!

Options shipping with the update include being able to spawn in vehicles and allowing observers. Certain objective-based objects have also been modified to allow for better scripting and visual acuity. The ability to "observe" a game while it transpires has also been included. Something that should come in handy for you streamers out there ( looking at you, Season 8 ).

A 343-made "Race" variant will launch with the update, as will a KOTH variant. With all of the scripting options, new objects, and the ability to craft our own gametypes, racing should have a bright future.

Speaking of future...

5-0.jpg

It's coming. I have no idea when, but it's coming. Aaron (Hatter is Mad) and I (Le Have No Friends) have been silently working on the biggest update in HaloTracks history. Development is sporadic as he and I work to place ourselves in financial stability. You all may have noticed the website was down for over a week earlier this month. This is what I'm talking about.

Not much has changed in terms of what we plan on releasing. Though, I can say that our applications are nearly good to go.

HT Maps is more or less complete, sans a few bugs and any smaller features we may have missed. HT Tournaments is a beast that will consume months of our time to develop. The plan for the tournament system is still to release the application one page at a time. Specifically, one skinned page at a time. The system will work completely when 5.0 launches, it just won't look pretty. A small price to pay for an enormous dream.

The announcement trailer hinted at a 2016 release. This may still be possible, but with the IRL difficulties Hatter and I are currently facing, it's a possibility that we could be looking at early 2017. I understand how frustrating that is. Truly, I do. Just please understand that this update is extremely ambitious. Everything needs to be right the first time. One huge mistake could potentially erase years of work, and your patience will have been for nothing. Which is not something we aim to accomplish.

We'll keep you all update on our progress, and you can read more information on HT 5.0 in this topic.

...and could someone please tell Ducain to stop fanboying? Jeeze.

Actually, give that guy some love. He's the reason why HaloTracks was brought back online. Thanks again, buddy!

3ae5ef90a7a400718e7f4aec12ccbea8.gif

srs@2x.png

That will conclude this year's update. I leave you with these things and will now go to sleep.

Hope you enjoyed this trash update. See you guys on the track!

[/youtubeHD]

[youtubeHD=WAU5iVjF0ow]

LINK TO FORGE UPDATE ARTICLE

bow.gif

I respect you so much for still coming back with updates and maintaining this site, Jeff. Hopefully this update will inspire people to get back into track-making, cause I would love nothing more than to participate in a potential Season 8 over the summer.

2 people like this

Loving some of the new aesthetics coming out. Gonna restart criss cross again and go for a more forerunner theme, since the main central aesthetic on my map has a forerunner feel to it.

1 person likes this

I respect you so much for still coming back with updates and maintaining this site, Jeff. Hopefully this update will inspire people to get back into track-making, cause I would love nothing more than to participate in a potential Season 8 over the summer.

I appreciate that, bro. Thank you! I share that hope. There's a lot of really cool stuff included in this update. In my opinion, the Mongoose still needs a lot of work. Contact with any object turns the 'Goose into a salad.

Loving some of the new aesthetics coming out. Gonna restart criss cross again and go for a more forerunner theme, since the main central aesthetic on my map has a forerunner feel to it.

I'm excited about the Forerunner pieces. They're so shiny.

Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh it is Jeff!!!!!!! FANBOY MOMENT ;)

:WANT: :WANT: :WANT:

See? This is what I'm talking about. Every single day. Every single god damn day. It's like I'm the Tom French of racing :coffee:

Please let that catch on. Please let that catch on.

We luv u, Duncan! Now get those posts up. Sixteen is atrocious. Map posts count, btw.

@Everyone

This update is our chance to bring HaloTracks back into the fold. Only, I don't want to be in the fold. I want to break the fold.

Daenerys-Targaryen-GIFs.jpg

No, but our community really should always be at the top of all-things Race. Truth be told, the overall success of 5.0 depends on it. We probably won't get an opportunity like this again, so let's make it count.

I will be on tonight to tweak with the game type even though I'm sure nuked will have a perfect one set up already. Rce be back and hopefully I can make some HTSX worthy tracks to get season 8 to happen. As for 5.0 until that shit is active it's a myth. (I know it's real I used the beta)

1 person likes this

It's coming. I have no idea when, but it's coming. Aaron (Hatter is Mad) and I (Le Have No Friends) have been silently working on the biggest update in HaloTracks history. Development is sporadic as he and I work to place ourselves in financial stability. You all may have noticed the website was down for over a week earlier this month. This is what I'm talking about.

Jeff you should have got that useless second admin to help you. He hasn't been pulling his weight at all.

Now that we're getting race I finally have the inspiration to finish that little project I've been working on since forge came out a year ago. That way all my Masta Challenge fanboys will stop messaging me as well. :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

I will be on tonight to tweak with the game type even though I'm sure nuked will have a perfect one set up already. Rce be back and hopefully I can make some HTSX worthy tracks to get season 8 to happen. As for 5.0 until that shit is active it's a myth. (I know it's real I used the beta)

Pretty much sums 5.0 up. I still retain complete faith that it will release, eventually, but actions always speak louder than words. It's best not to get too hyped, and I say that to everyone. Aaron and I will do our thing and, once it's ready, you guys will be the first to know.

Jeff you should have got that useless second admin to help you. He hasn't been pulling his weight at all.

Now that we're getting race I finally have the inspiration to finish that little project I've been working on since forge came out a year ago. That way all my Masta Challenge fanboys will stop messaging me as well. :thumbsup:

New Masta Challenge has me creaming already. Please single-handedly make the site active again with one track, Masta. lol :luvz: