Le Hefe

Launch Bugs for Squeeshing

47 posts in this topic

Yeah, i understood later what you had said. I have been talking to Jeff about it and we are investigating into whether we need to do a restore of the gallery and reimport  the maps or not.

However, I just followed your link and noticed that the map might be set to the halo 4 game but displaying the halo mcc logo. I think this might have to do with us adding in a couple more games to support moments before the script ran.

Or in other words I need to look into it, the data might be correct on the backend and this might just be a frontend display bug.

Ok these are my findings when submitting a map.

1. Map magnet should be called download link, or content browser link.

2. While submitting a map magnet link, you shouldn't be able to proceed without submitting one. *Create a cancel button. *If you submit without a link, no entry should exist.

3. You cannot upload more than one image in the entry process.

4. You cannot edit the images after creating an entry.

5. At any point in the entry submission process, if you exit or press the back button, it will create an entry. Not good because it should delete it if it is incomplete.

6. Not very obvious where to type in the map name, it doesn't look like a text field unless you click on it.

***General user friendliness i.e. retardproofing is not present in submitting a map.

You should create a forum topic telling people what to do, it is not as polished as Forgehub - which is not a joke.

2. I believe is already on the feature list.

3. This is a bug that happened during the transition of files for release. Also already on the bug list.

4. You can.

5. It created the map entry as soon as you clicked the create map button. This is by design and has many good reasons for it being this way. I can't fix you hitting the back button.

***Retardproofing is not possible. It will get better over the duration of its existence but I have no plans to spend the time it would take to prevent every possible stupid thing a user could do in all of our applications.

I agree that we need to put more information on how to use the system out to the public; however, that's already in the works. I have the first tutorial on how to post a map ready to go, but I'm just running into errors uploading the bastard.

A map I added weeks ago, "mini MX" had upload issues, and Hatter helped me through most of them . THX! . The map still displays the 'players' icon with 0-0, I thought I set it as 1-16, but I'm uncertain. I can't seem to be able to edit it. sry if mention earlier.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, Mad Hatter said:

yes it will be editable in the near future

...when asked about 'magnet link' editing, awhile back. Is this a thing yet?