Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenjamin1 MI

Rocket Race - do we agree?

42 posts in this topic

NO NO, FUN will be had on Friday!! Rocket Race is FUN!

@Mad Hatter - even the super hammer the passenger gets doesn't change that teams movement much.

OK, the 5 maps I was able to gather do not have the killzone function, but the maps only have very few hills in "risky" locations like you describe. If I get to use avalanche and deadlock, we'll get good compare/contrast from teams. I hope. ...hope I get a couple more teams.

Thanks, the killzone (intermittent or sweep) idea is a good option. ...but I still don't like killzones on 'race' maps. Thanks Again!

Thank you Sir!, That is a fun map whatever you play on it. "Avalanche rr" will replace Shadow of Big Rocks in the Tourney. (shadow had some respawn issues in testing).

We have some really good "familiar terrain" remakes to drive on. Wish I had more teams signed up. Big Thanks! to NOKYARD and CHa0s for helping me by both quickly preparing and posting their outstanding forge maps. Our Halo Community is awesome.

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Hey Kenjamin, just curious why you don't have this tournament set up as a team tournament.

I told Hefe, that I thought players would sign up as singles (looking for teammate) and as 2-player teams. I didn't want to hassle you guys over  something we can square up at race time - but, yes I had hoped teams could sign up as pairs.

Once this starts getting super duper competitive, I think there'll be more inclination to use team tournaments in the future. Pairs should begin to develop over time.

@NOKYARD - You are right. The timed or sweeping killzone keeps gameplay moving more consistently. Gets you back into action faster.

...but all my hills worked... lol

I learned a lot, I saved all the game films, I am happy to help with any testing you are doing to help this gametype get 'standardized' so every forger can consider using it.

6 minutes ago, Kenjamin1 MI said:

@NOKYARD - You are right. The timed or sweeping killzone keeps gameplay moving more consistently. Gets you back into action faster.

...but all my hills worked... lol

I learned a lot, I saved all the game films, I am happy to help with any testing you are doing to help this gametype get 'standardized' so every forger can consider using it.

I asked AnonFriction why the dead hills are becoming more rampant but he has no answer.  Hopefully the Scriptors Guild can assist.

1 person likes this