NukedIceCream

Everything

7 posts in this topic

Yikes man. Didn't realise you were suffering. Hope that you're feeling better soon.

As someone who also suffers from depression and stress, largely due to my Aspergers, I feel for you man. It can be very difficult just to make it through the day sometimes.

I also attempted suicide back in my teens, though I not sure how much of it was me or the now banned antidepressant I was taking at the time. I was fortunate enough that some one caught me before I could make the attempt.

It does get better though, there are people out there that are able to help if your willing to ask for it. There is no shame in asking for help, everyone at some point or another as needed it. Know that there are people out there that care about you, none of us are truly ever alone.

1 person likes this

God damn dude. Wow.

I usually scroll over the 'feel sorry for me' and other pity posts on social media, but this sounds pretty serious. All I can say is you did the right thing by speaking up and there's no shame in that. On behalf of our community, know that we're here for you.

I've struggled with depression on and off for years. While I've never been clinically diagnosed and it hasn't been as bad as yours from the sounds of it, I can say that I understand what you're going through and that you're not alone. I had a hard time coping with some personal troubles which occurred throughout last year, which gave me many sleepless, long nights of solace. I've also walked the dark path of suicidal contemplation before. 

Your friend sounds like a genuine friend and it's awesome to hear you've got someone close to share with. I know we've had our differences and as I said before, know that our community is here for you and that you're not alone.

Take care, Ivan.

Best wishes Nuked.  HT is here with you. 

Ive suffered from depression too, but no where near as severe. Currently attending an outpatient program at a mental health ward for it though. 

We all appreciate you taking the time to share this with us, Ivan. You've been an invaluable member of this community. The contributions you've made to, not only HaloTracks, but to the Halo community as a whole are unprecedented will never be taken for granted.

As you look through the modicum of replies here, you can see that you're not alone. None of us ever have been. I'm saddened that HT is no longer what it used to be for you, but my spirits are lifted knowing you've found healthy relationships out in the Great Unknown.

Regardless, we will always continue to be here for you. I will always be here for you. Each and every individual that clicks the link in that validation email becomes a part of this family. We're more dysfunctional than most, but I'm continuously in awe of how tight this place has become.

I believe you still have my phone number. If you need me, just give me a call. I don't care what time it is, I will make myself available to you. If I don't answer, it's because I've acquired a new phone recently. Just send me a text saying it's you and I'll call you back as soon as I read it.

Once more, I thank you for sharing this with all of us and I'm eternally grateful for everything you've done for this community.

Be well. Be safe. The sun always rises in the morning. Never forget that.

<3 

PS: A special shoutout to the three posters above me.

PPS: The "like" was a show of appreciation for sharing. Not adoration for what you're going through, lol

1 person likes this

Thank you for sharing your story with us Nuked. Talking about it is one of the best things you can do about depression. I had no idea you were going through this and I hope things have improved for you during the last week.

I'm heartened to see that our little community has had a positive impact on your life and glad that your new Minecraft community is continuing to do so after racing's decline. Whether we're active or not, we'll always be here for you if you need us.

I just have to say to anyone else reading this that is going through similar issues that no one will think less of you for dealing with a mental illness and no one will think less of you for talking about it. People will always be there to support you but they can't if they don't know what you're going through.

2 people like this

I've been wanting to do a follow-up post for a little bit now. Mostly as an update on my situation, as well as a thank you to those who I have not already talked to. All of your responses mean a lot of me and I thank you all for taking the time to respond. I'm pretty awful at these kind of things, so that's all I can really say; just thank you all.

Onto what's happened in the past month. For the couple of weeks after my initial post stuff was still really rough for me. I still just felt physical illness for the few days after that weekend and was just feeling really down. I had also uncovered some stuff accidentally about some of the events following my attempt back in last March. Just finding part of it triggered so many memories of was going on in my head and what happened in the months to follow. A few weeks ago I was looking through some of my old threads on here, and specifically for my post where I retired as Head Map Maker, just to see the date. I officially retired on May 14th, which co-coincides with the time where stuff was getting really bad for me again. I was definitely at the stage of feeling suicidal again. All of this happening unknown to everyone I was talking to. Retiring as Head Map Maker wasn't something I was doing just because of my lack of interest or the controversy present in the community at the time. It was to give a formal goodbye in case things got worse again, and I'm very glad they it didn't.

Again I would like to thank you guys for the support not just with your responses, but for making this community a great place to be around.

3 people like this