Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Le Hefe

Bullet Drop in Halo

2 posts in this topic

I had a random thought just now, and wanted to get a small discussion going.

By now, we all know the vast majority of Halo's community wishes to return to the original formula. The extent of which is still up for debate, but I'm definitely grouped into these people.

An ongoing curiosity of mine surrounds spicing up Halo's core gameplay with something like bullet drop. This doesn't change the base mechanics in the game, but would add an extra layer of skill to the weapons sandbox.

Could definitely go in depth, but I'd rather discuss and bounce ideas off of you guys. So, what are your thoughts on having something like bullet drop in Halo?

I wouldn't totally be against bullet drop. The mechanic wouldn't be so bad on bigger maps, as it would be an easy solution for nerfing precision weapons and preventing players from clipping their opponents from across the entirety of the map. Depending on the degree of bullet drop, it most likely wouldn't affect the core gameplay as most of Halo's arena style maps are on the smaller size anyway.

With that being said, it can still drastically change the game. You'd be switching from hitscan to projectiles, height advantage would be even more crucial than before, maps would be altered to accommodate bullet drop, etcetera. Not to mention that bullet drop would only work if Halo had dedicated servers. So on the contrary, you're arguably adding another gimmick to an already dense game.