Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrs StarStrukk

Support for Halo 5 Mayhem Forge Contest on HT?

10 posts in this topic

So with the Mayhem tournaments bringing in a lot of interest lately to the Halo racing community, there've been little actual Mayhem tracks that have been forged on Halo 5 to counteract that.

By definition of "Mayhem" I mean - collision courses, pitfalls, traps, obstacles. Not just a track with dirty racing enabled by fault of rules. If you need an example, refer to OrionHardy84's 'Coprophemia' or 'Criss Cross'.

We need more Mayhem tracks!

That being said I propose a question to the HaloTracks community. How much support, as a whole, would be given to a Mayhem Forge Contest for Halo 5? How many people would forge a track for this? I may consider offering a prize such as Xbox Giftcards, or XboxLive Gold, to the winner or podiums; but only if there is a big enough turnout to warrant it, as long as that's ok with HT administration, in addition to the usual map feature.

Closing statement. We need more tracks in general. We need more Mayhem tracks. Support for a Halo 5 Mayhem forge contest? Yay or nay?

Edited by Mrs StarStrukk

I would try to do an 'intentional' mayhem map... maybe one with multiple crossing paths? on Barrens or Depths?

Edited by Kenjamin1 MI
typo

7 minutes ago, Kenjamin1 MI said:

I would try to do an 'intentional' mayhem map... maybe one with multiple crossing paths? on Barrens or Depths?

Really you could build any type of map, as long as it fits the bill. You could do a Supercross with cross-jumps and a backtrack section or two. That's provided they would work consistently both ways lol. Just a regular track isn't what I would be looking for.

Just to lighten things up.

Currently trying to make a terrain track. I do have plans to do a city map after, maybe a remake (somewhat) of one of Coookkiemonster's early ones from Halo Reach.

6 hours ago, OrionHardy said:

Currently trying to make a terrain track. I do have plans to do a city map after, maybe a remake (somewhat) of one of Coookkiemonster's early ones from Halo Reach.

Remake Donglow from Halo 4 and you'll instantly win.

If I knew a few more people that would make a map for this, this would turn out to be a decent little contest. Double the turnout and I'd be extremely pleased. I'd like to see this happen.

There's a Ball Me 5.0 somewhere on mine or Offrce's map list. We just have to add da new checkpoints.

I won't be making anything for a contest anytime soon, but I can provide this:

The more racing that's done on Mayhem tracks, the more buzz you'll get. Two pronged approach here.

Also, and from a historical standpoint, racing genres have enjoyed longer lifespans when racing is the incentive to build tracks rather than prizes. WInky face.

I don't know if this is a good time to announce that Aaron and I want to develop a challenge application that's akin to the tournament system yet. I mean, I don't even have a design for one such app so it might not be the best time to create hype. IDK, though. I'm sure it'll be lit in design with terrible UX. Just like the tournament system right now, lol. Anywho... yeah. K bai. Luv u. Ducain is a god damn shill.

1 person likes this