18 posts in this topic

Thought about starting this thread so we can post pictures of our works in progress and ask for feedback, advice or help in general.

I've got two tracks on the go at the moment, a Terrain track and a Rocket Race map, but with a difference.

The Rocket Race map I only started last night after the tournament so it's a very early work in process. The intention is for it to be a re-imagining of my Rocket Race map from Halo 4. In that version, instead of static hills, there were 4 hills (only 1 active at a time) attached to soccer balls that move around the map, making use of man cannons and the players rockets to move them. Of course with the new version I hope to make use of the scripting and new items to make it more chaotic than the original.

This is what I have so far.

593bfcf4a89f8_Halo5_Forge10_06_201703_34_42.thumb.png.cb67e8d94fb20f59e1465d8a849a6ed8.png

Of course, not got very far. However, what I'm wondering is if I should keep the outer ramps and sides where they are, or move the out so the start of the ramps touch the end of the outer edges of the floor there. What do you guys think?

The terrain track at the moment is called Ice Village Raceway. Initially tried building it on Glacier to make use of the cave. However I wanted a semi frozen water running through the map and it didn't seem practical to use the realistic water thing that forge labs showed on a large scale. So I've tried to semi recreate what I wanted on Tidal. Here's what I have so far.

593bfdb5a5864_Halo5_Forge10_06_201714_53_09.thumb.png.8c29ca3d60669a18e0798b203eaf851b.png593bfdd94115a_Halo5_Forge10_06_201714_54_56.thumb.png.93f7aae5dca6212dbd367e15317734f5.png

Two quick overviews here, that bit done in the corner is a prefab I've gotten of waypoint, though I do intend to modify the flat part so I can race through it. However, I finding it really difficult to do what I want so I was hoping if someone was able to help me, with the terrain parts, or make it a full co-forge, I don't mind? Maybe @ARPOD if he doesn't mind since his terrain tracks have been excellent. #brownnose face-lol.gif

593bfdc8d6fd6_Halo5_Forge10_06_201714_53_32.thumb.png.d74698e5a9aabe2eb984720789efc50a.png

This is the suppose to be one of the focal parts of the map, a large-est waterfall you drive past, however, the effect there doesn't have a very good draw distance, and I'm not sure what to put there as well to make it clear it's a waterfall from further away. Any help on this would be appreciated.

the first map seems like it's gonna be really fun man. as for the waterfall maybe put a cliff arena in front so you only see the waterfall when you drive by it idk. also i'd be willing to coforge with ya. im not too good but im trying to learn

Update on the second one. I took a quick look at @ARPOD's Riverbank Freeze-way map to see how he did the frozen river. I then promptly face palmed at realising how easy it was, and have gone back to glacier and started again.

Looking at the first map myself, I am going to move the ramps out.

-Update-

This is how my Rocketball Arena is currently looking.

593ffe9a4c199_Halo5_Forge13_06_201715_52_22.thumb.png.6a9ee29bad204b0a33202c39bee24dca.png

Obviously the lighting isn't finished. Has you can see to the left of the picture, I intend to have colour lights above each starting area to help differentiate the map since the layout is four way symmetrical.  Also more plans for more obstacles/trap on the main arena floor.

Edited by OrionHardy
Update

That looks pretty sick.  Let us/me know when you're testing, I'd be happy to do so. 

Thanks Purple. Before testing I'll have to figure out the scripting I'll need for the game-type to work especially since I'll be using soccer balls instead of hills.

I'd also like to try and set up the three second timer thing like we have in race. So players spawn, there's the 3 second countdown, then the 4 balls are released into the map.

Anyone want to test my track called Cliffside AX

Edited by AutzenDucks

@AutzenDucks, had a quick go on your map, and it's a good start. The right side of the jumps on the middle section needs a bit of work, apart from that the rest work well. As for appearance, I unfortunately don't really have any experience with that type of track. I suggested bookmarking some of the ones on here and just having a quick look at them in forge to see how our guys did them.

Also note that we do have a game-type that works with checkpoints and automatically spawns you in vehicles. You should be able to find links to them in some of the other threads on this site, along with links to book marks for game type scripting and checkpoints.

Any who, welcome to the site. Hope to see you around more. We could do with some new blood. cheery-smiley-emoticon.png

Oh and speaking of scripting. @Kenjamin1 MI, could I have some help setting up some my rocket ball map from either you or one of you friends?

Edited by OrionHardy

@OrionHardy - I dunno bout no scriptin' ? - It sounds fun, and do-able! I'm hoping to be on during the day Tuesday. 6/20.

Oh, I just finished my most recent 'WIP' - Cirque de Crayon - Mayhem for Mongoose, ...lil bit like Orion's copropoophernia.