5 posts in this topic

Browsing through old posts encouraged me to make this topic and I have a feeling the community would love to take part in a nostalgia binge. So, what were your favourite racetracks from each Halo game? List your top 3 favourite tracks of any genre from any Halo game you've played. Just don't pick your own content. Feel free to elaborate on what made each track your favourite. 

3. Quasar - Halo 3 - Battle Tracks - x DREAM 76 x 

BattleTracks was what I'd play in a custom game lobby for an audience unfamiliar with racetracks. BT felt like a great way of connecting racers and non-racers alike and Quasar was a great track to help showcase what racetracks were all about. It was fast, smooth and always a great time for everybody. 

2. Requiem 2.3 - Halo 3 - Supercross - Le Hefe

H3 SX tracks were more of an experiment for their time and they were very difficult to produce. Few tracks could nail down SX in H3 and I thought this was one of them. I originally didn't enjoy Requiem when I first played it, but I learned to appreciate it's difficulty as time went on. I even spin a few laps from time to time when I hop on my 360.

1. Corners V3.1 - Halo 3 - Terrain - WhiskeyWarm

Corners was a no brainer, as I feel it represents the epitome of what a terrain track should be; ridiculously fast, incredibly technical and have amazing flow. While there were a lot of H3 terrain tracks I enjoyed, such as Golden (WhiskeyWarm), Snowblind V2 (Bomberman 914) and In Deseharah (Hatter is Mad), there was something special about Corners. Over the many years I played corners, every race was intense and highly competitive.

Overlook SX - Halo: Reach - Purpledinosaur0

To self-elect - and to disobey direct orders from Cassel - I think Overlook SX, although going through quite a bit of variation, provided some great SX racing for its time.

Whitewater National - Halo 4 - King Edward I

This track was late in the lifespan of Halo 4 but reinvigorated a lot of people's interest in competitive racing at the time.  I remember a lobby of 10 or so people racing on this map competitively for no specific reason because it was so enjoyable.   As an aside, this track won overall in Best of Halo 4. 

Asimov Beach/Stadium - Halo: Reach - Jeffh3962

This track may not be remembered well, but it was forged on the map Tempest and took advantage of it with a really distinct endurocross section with logs and grass.  It's one of my personal favorites.  It also was very technical and featured 3 or so split rhythms.

Special Mention: A.51 Motocross - Halo 2 Anniv. - MtnDew97

This track was very ambitious when being forged and I doubted its completion while watching him forge it, but it did get done.  It boasted at least a minute long lap time (as far as I remember) and raced very competitively with a unique approach to the placement of terrain  

1 person likes this

I'm going to keep naming a few more tracks every few posts, as there were so many memorable ones and to keep the discussion going.

Area 51 - Halo 2: Anniversary - Motocross - MtnDewX97

The epitome of a Motocross track; lengthy, technical and lots of variation. This track was ahead of it's time.

Battlecross - Halo: Reach - Battle Tracks - THE Fuglystick

A hybrid track which didn't disappoint. Always threw this one up in a custom game lobby.  

Sands of Time - Halo 3 - Rollercoaster - Very Sneaky Sir

This track certainly earned it's title for Best Halo 3 Rollercoaster. It was pretty badass.  

Interstate - Halo: Reach - Terrain - purpledinosaur0

Not the flashiest of tracks, but if you wanted to settle beef with any racer via 1v1, this was the track to do it.

1 person likes this

On 6/26/2017 at 2:57 AM, Camonized said:

Just don't pick your own content

Pfft. Then, I guess I don't have any favorites.

3. Ianthe - Spectacular Ra

ianthe.jpg

I like good tracks on obscure maps, and Ianthe is just that. Very well done, fun, and a great change of scenery.

2. Quasar - x DREAM 76 x

quasar.jpg

Classic compact carnage.

1. Silicon - AceOfSpades0707

silicon.png

Big swooping hills and turns, superb transitions between skytrack and terrain, and a man cannon finish that keeps you speeding along.

Can't forget Ianthe. That track was pretty cool on it's own.

Killshot National - Halo 4 - Motocross - XreignZ

Pretty much the first motocross track in Halo 4 that was incredibly long and highly technical. Wish this was used in tournies more often.

Stonepoint Rd1 - Halo 4 - Supercross - v Ionized

Another masterpiece that was ahead of it's time.

Goldhaven Cliffs - Halo: Reach - General - Goldman 010

One of the first few tracks to take advantage of Forge World's beauty. Gorgeous.