Superior Forger

Change at Last; I am finally ready to go!

Speak now or forever hold your peace, which ever choice is decided CANNOT ever be undone!   3 members have voted

1. 1. Should I delete my Accounts or give them away?

• Delete accounts "TheRedEyedDevil" and "Superior Forger" and all created tracks will be lost!
    • Give them away..
  2. 2. Should I delete my YouTube accounts "TheRedEyedDevil", "SuperiorForging", and "ForgeHaloRacetracks"?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

It's been a long while since I've talked to anyone here, it wouldn't surprise me if I was forgotten. But I just wanted to write my last essay where I dedicated a portion of my life to making Halo racetracks for the Halo Racing Community. It has indeed been long and fun journey to have shared many extraordinary highlights with you all. Though most of us don't see eye to eye I can say that if I learned one thing from it all is this: I learned how to take constructive criticism at it's fullest and do better (most of the time). But the 2nd part of that is that it also prepared me for the world and how to take it in the face! So I thank all of you (You all know who you are).

So where have I been and what have I been doing with my life?

Well, for starters like most people who want to succeed, I got a job (my dream job to say the least).. I wont go into boring details about what my job is or what I do, but I enjoy it and look forward to growing to my greatest potential. Besides my job, I broke up with my 1st girlfriend about 3 months ago and started dating online. Found a few women that I was interested in and vice versa but nothing ever came of it. I am in a long distance relationship at the moment with a girl I've only met only twice: 1st time was at my 16th birthday party and the 2nd time was at her best friends baby shower last weekend. The distance makes it hard and the fact that she is in the Army makes it even harder, but I feel that she is the one so I will find a way to make it work.

On a side note I started going back to church on Sundays after 10 years of never stepping foot in one. I go to a Pentecostal Church, I tried non-denominational and didn't like it so I go to the type of church I grew up in and really like it. I decided to get more in touch with my faith in the Lord and obtain a better understanding of the Bibles' scriptures. I have also picked up running again and am running a half marathon in mid-November and a full Marathon in March. I'm really looking forward to it all.

I've been forever changing in my life, I've pretty much given up games all together.  Though I have the time to play, they don''t interest me anymore. It's not just Halo, it's all games, which is good because I want to move on to better things, and I have. The only thing I'm missing in my life is my own house. That's pretty much it. I expect to move out and buy my own condo in about two years and with any luck at all I'll get married too.

I know I've made several of these posts in the past saying how I'm leaving, but this is the last time, I  promise. Depending on the answer to the poll attached is how I will proceed from here. I will be finished after I beat the new Assassins Creed game probably by the beginning of December, then I will sell and delete the remainder of my games. Thank you all for such a wonderful experience,

Superior Forger ~ TheRedEyedDevil

Edited by Superior Forger
1 person likes this

I didn't know you but it's still sad to read this. Good luck in the future. I'm sure the other guys will have plenty of stuff to say

Do what you need to do man.

Sounds like you found some direction in your life and are following it.

Just remember that we will be here (hopefully) if you are ever wanting to race.

Always sad to see you go, dude, but I think the terms of your leaving should be up to you. We'll always support whatever decision you make, and there's always a place for you here.

Regardless, I truly wish you the best of luck. I'm happy that you're finding yourself and making a commitment to your goals. I hope the relationship you have with your lady becomes a physical one as soon as possible, as well. Distance definitely sucks.

And never say anything like we've forgotten you. Your accomplishments withing the racing community as a whole are a contribution to where we are, now. That's not anything to forget you for. That's something to thank you for.

So I thank you for being a part of the HaloTracks community, but that ain't no goodbye son. You're always a part of this [dysfunctional] family, whether you like it or not ;)

GGz, bud.

2 people like this

Hey TRED,

Very interesting read as it seems that you and I both are going through a similar process.  I probably won't ever explicitly renounce gaming (I may eventually get Civ VI and Halo 6 when possible), but I've come to realize that my previous love for gaming was just a preparatory love affair that was getting me ready for the real world.  I always wanted to make a puzzle map, but I realize that everyday life is a puzzle a hundred times more dynamic than any puzzle map I could make in a Halo game.  Competitive racing was an expression of my love for level playing fields and striving towards goals.  HT Supercross Season 6-7 in Halo 4 was absolutely the peak for me in these terms.  That truly was a wonderful experience.  But being employed part-time and attending college courses about topics such as Digital Circuitry also gives me this.  Part of growing up is realizing that all of your imaginative childhood passions existed as preparation for their final application in the real world for pursuing real goals.

I also find it interesting that we both are finding a new interest in religion.  I've been going back and forth between a Lutheran and Catholic church for the past few months.  I appreciate the beautiful organ music and choir at the Catholic church and the philosophical sermons--very refreshing to me in such a chaotic world.  I'm in love with the idea of transcendental and eternal truths.  I've also started a personal philosophical blog to contribute to in my spare time.

I always admired your determination in forging so many unique tracks.  And you got a lot of shit from a lot of people who found whatever reason to give you it, but you stuck through and continued with your passion.  

That's about all I have to say.

Good luck TRED.  And I'll add God bless.

Mike

2 people like this

Today is my official last day of gaming. I was on the delete final button today to delete my account "TheRedEyedDevil" and received a message from another fan of my tracks and decided to keep the accounts alive at least so others can enjoy the content I created because I'm pretty sure all maps disappear when the account is deleted. However I will never log into these accounts again and my X-girlfriend will be getting the xbox since it's not worth money anymore (at least not worth my time to get money for it). But both accounts will be removed, appearing offline with no descriptions, however the maps will forever remain until Halo is no longer supported or the accounts are deleted from inactivity by Microsoft. Thank you all for the wonderful years of fun, popularity, advice, and racing.

This concludes my last, peace brothers ~