kogaGmente III

Bringing back old maps of mine

3 posts in this topic

WOW! It's really been a long long time since I made a post. In fact it's been such a long time since I even made a race track the last time was on Halo 5, but it was horrible attempt to recreate BT Tracks before the new scripting mini-game was available. However! As of recent I figured out how to manipulate scripts for the race game type! Creating my own unusual take at the race game mode. So I wanted to post this saying I may come back requesting to be a map maker again, but idk on that just yet. However I do plan to make a come back on some old maps of mine re-imagined in Halo 5.

My most notable map back during Halo Reach was Cross-Way-Crash which was created for a Tournament during that time which I ended up 2nd in for my forging skills. Of course Ducain23 beat me then! But I had a lot of fun making that particular map that I plan to re-make it, better, faster, and more aesthetic if possible! Currently got it at a playable state so that's awesome!

I might even go back to making my arena style BT track Wreckage. It was fun because there were lots of head one collisions and worked for even simple races. I've yet to figure out how to get BT set up yet. I am still currently working on that, however if I figure it out soon, I will be re-making yet another map of mine that was more notable by my friends. I called it Slider was the track was literally slippery and you had to drive on walls at nearly at 45" degree wall with arcing roads to make it really hard to keep friction. It was great for BT, and Race.

I might even go into creating the Several versions of Cross-Way-Crash such as Cross-Way-Puzzle which has the concept of the first map mentioned but adds a layer of confusion and disarray and options.

If Halo 6's forge is just as good I might even make re-makes there. So if your interested in maybe helping me test during the polishing stage of editing that'd be awesome. I may hit you up sometime.

I took a crack at reviving the BT gametype. If you want, I can give it to you so you can make it work. The only thing I haven't done is completing respawns on checkpoints.

1 person likes this

On 5/25/2018 at 1:21 AM, Le Hefe said:

I took a crack at reviving the BT gametype. If you want, I can give it to you so you can make it work. The only thing I haven't done is completing respawns on checkpoints.

Would definitely be nice! I would love to figure out what I need to do for BT. Wreckage was really fun for Casual combat racers.

Oh and speaking of Cross-Way-Crash I managed to forge it up quite the bit. I ran it online in a Open Customs and found that it works really well, but it still has some issues. Some people have figured out how to get out of the spawn before your suppose to leave the track. I attempted to fix it, but not sure if it's quite ready yet.

Cross-Way-Crash Images so far: (These are the only two images I have of it right now. Later one I may post video footage!) Hope these images load correctly.

bba91359-d203-4dfa-8faf-04e217fa26d7.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=N6Ni1NAJJlEOjsYxWaR4gS8DPSjuvBnYGGrh4%2FxYjto%3D

5XOXC5h2k=