Superior Forger

All About that BASS!!!

1 post in this topic

Post some picks and details about that epic sound system you may have in your trunk or what you dream on getting in the future!

I had two twelves with 360 Watt setup in my old 2014 KIA SOUL which was pretty decent bass for my 1st one.

But now in about 3 weeks I am getting a custom sound system put in the tire compartment of my new 2018 KIA Soul because not having any Bass at all is depressing. I wanted 2 15" Subs made by DS18, but as you can probably guess, I was told by several experts that anything over or near 2000 watts would destroy my car or be so expensive to get my car to run that much power and not to mention a few modifications would have to be made which would surly void the warranty. Which needeless to say the DS18 subs run at an RMS of 1500 or 2000 watts minimum, meaning a peak of 2500 to 3000.

I am going to get:

2 Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12" 4 ohm 600 Watts RMS Subwoofers with the Rockford Fosgate Ultra Compact 750 Watt MONO Amplifier "FOST750X1BD"

Eventually I will change the door speakers with JL Audio speakers or some other high quality audio speakers that can keep up with the defining loud bass the Rockford's will provide!

I decided to not use a box this time; instead both 12" subs will be facing up in the rear tire compartment which should be a perfect fit for my sound system. Don't know where the amp is going to go at the moment, I don't want to mount it on the back of the seat again... I can't wait to feel that deep bass again (it will be deeper this time).. In case you didn't know a KIA Soul is like a giant box already, so you don't have to try to hard to get a good sounding sound system going!

I'll Post some pics and videos when it's installed!

https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p3d4-12/