NukedIceCream

Avalanche Forging Contest

9 posts in this topic

8cWDimr.png

Description
It's been nearly a decade since the last Halo 3 forging challenge, so I think it's about time to dust off that old forge monitor and get back to work. With Halo 3's PC release comes a plethora of new features and tools for forge, including the elevation of avalanche to a full on forge canvas. With that elevation, avalanche will be the centre point of this challenge, where forging your map on it will be required. 

Judges
NukedlceCream
Populare

Rules
1. One map per person. You can change your submission choice before the deadline, but must do so here in the thread.
2. If a map is co-forged, each person involved must receive the proper credit.
3. Any map started after July 13, 2020 (H3 PC Launch date) is accepted.
4. The map must be forged on Avalanche.
5. The map must be 16 player compatible.
6. The map must be compatible with the RACETRACKS gametype, which can be found on NukedLceCream's fileshare.
7. Entrants will not be allowed to vote for their map during community voting.
8. It is strongly recommended you forge your map on the Xbox version of MCC if possible due to lack of PC file share. However if this is not possible, I will be accepting both Xbox and PC submissions.
9. If you do make your map on PC, you must include a download link to the .mvar file of your map. You can use this guide on how to if you are unsure how to access this file. This file must be accessible throughout the entirely of the submission and judging stages.

How To Submit
Map Name:
Gamertag(s):
Download link to .mvar file (if required):

The map must stay on your fileshare for the duration of the contest. If it is removed, your submission is forfeited.

Rewards
1st Place: 200 HT Points, Youtube feature on NukedLceCream's channel in the quality of that era, TBD
2nd Place: Pride that you made a solid Halo 3 map
3rd Place: Pride that you made a solid Halo 3 map

Judging
1. Maps will be judged on the following: How fun they are to race, how well they are forged, and how well they look.
2. The judges will decide on their top 5 maps to go into community voting.
3. If a low amount of maps is submitted, we will head straight into community voting.
4. The community will vote for their favorite maps, and the scores will determine the final result!

Deadlines
Map Submissions: August 21st 2020, 11:59PM EST
Contest Judging: August 26th 2020, 11:59PM EST
Community Voting: After judging ends, lasting for a full week.

Submissions
Meliora by xDangles25x
Whitehorse MX by Populare (PC)

1 person likes this

Some remarks/notes that don't fit in with the initial contest post. 

• I've uploaded a canvas map 'C' to my file share (NukedLceCream), feel free to use this to create your map
  • Save often, there are still some glitches that can cause your forge monitor to freak out and get objects lost out of bounds. This is particularly apparent near walls.
  • Take note that while the budget is increased, the hard cap on items is not. Be careful with your item budget, there is only about ~280 objects you can spawn.
2 people like this

I’m down. I wonder what type of tracks will come out of this... lots of different options.

I'll sacrifice some people, i'll continue to sacrifice innocents in order to better the halo reach forge community.

im a weirdo wtf

i meant i'll forge a track... pft, also gonna try and co-forge w/ my buddy ll bromway ll

Edited by ImSOshiftfaced

I'm going to forge one. Not looking forward to how long this will take, but thankful that it's a little more convenient.

1 person likes this

On 2020-07-23 at 4:42 AM, ImSOshiftfaced said:

I'll sacrifice some people, i'll continue to sacrifice innocents in order to better the halo reach forge community.

im a weirdo wtf

i meant i'll forge a track... pft, also gonna try and co-forge w/ my buddy ll bromway ll

Shift, I will send you $10 if you actually forge a track this time. It would need to also get at least one vote.

Map Name: Meliora
Gamertag(s): xDangles25x

This map is mostly terrain with some big jumps and two short skytrack sections. I used both sides of the map and some unique parts of the terrain. Best fit for DRL racing.