trishnafile5

How would you rank the mainstream Halo games?

6 posts in this topic

Example, mine would be:

1. Halo 3

2. Halo Reach

3. Halo CE

4. Halo 2

5. Halo 5

6. Halo 3 ODST

7. Halo 4

ODST is only low because while it's fun, the problem with the game is that it doesn't have much to offer besides firefight, and it was priced too high.

If we're strictly talking about racing:

H4
H3
H2A
Reach
H5

If we're just talking about releases:
H3
H2
CE
ODST
Reach
<huge gap>
H4
<huger gap>
H5

As far as game play/ Campaign experience:

H3

H3 ODST

Reach

H2

H1

H5

H4

I personally Favor H3 and Reach Stories. H1 was good, but long and unfair in many areas of the game which made it frustrating. H2 was better, but still had areas of the Campaign that I didn't particularity care to play. H4 & H5 play-through was kind of bland (IMO). 

By Multiplayer:

H3 is my all time favorite for matchmaking.

Halo 4 and H2A are my favorites for racing and forge. Though a lot of cool things have been done with H5 racetrack creations, the physics however are not the best. I think Forge is cool, but I don't particularly care for they way they present Forge. And scripting is way to complex. One would think scripting could be so much more simple, I'll believe it when I see it!

General Ranking:

1. Halo 3

2. Halo 2

3. Halo 3: ODST

4. Halo: Reach

5. Halo 4

6. Halo 5

Racing:

1. Halo 4

2. H2A

3. Halo 3

4.  Reach

5. Halo 5

Halo Reach is and always will be my favorite, for a variety of reasons. Might be my favorite game ever.

Halo 3 and Halo 2 are what I consider the objective best Halo games in terms of Multiplayer gameplay, but I'm giving Halo 3 the higher spot because I like the campaign more and also racing. Halo 2 would be next but they're pretty close.

Halo 1 has my favorite campaign of the series, I love the atmosphere of it. I don't care much for the multiplayer. Also no Mongoose.

Halo 4's campaign was alright gameplay-wise, though I didn't care for the story. Multiplayer is of course pretty flawed but decent map design. Game is great for racing.

Halo 5 is an utter atrocity in all regards that I'd prefer not exist.