Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thelastlaugh27

Jupiter

64 posts in this topic

It looks really smooth and I love the wide banks, but the single wide bit looks unbelievably easy to fall off. 4/5 I would say.

It looks really smooth and I love the wide banks, but the single wide bit looks unbelievably easy to fall off. 4/5 I would say.

Maybe you should try it. If you fall off, you just suck...

Ove the track and im going to make something similar because i had an idea from my friends track and your bridges might give me another...maybe we should forge sometime

Ove the track and im going to make something similar because i had an idea from my friends track and your bridges might give me another...maybe we should forge sometime

Would that friend by chance be me?

I liked the first half of the track, but the rest just seemed poor. The whole map showed high quality forging skill, but the flow of the map was lacking. The one major problem I had with the track is the shield door bounce after coming off the last turn in the track. It bounces you into the wall more often than not and there is not way you can take the high side. There shouldn't even be a high side to the track because you bounce up and hit the double boxes above you. Also, right before that part, you can sometime hit the bridge above you if you take the high side. I know you will probably respond with take the low side. That is fine if you are racing by yourself, but not with multiple racers. I personally don't like single wide banked turns, but this one is at least at a wider angle, so I can deal with it. I didn't like the grav lift assisted part of the track after the double wide box turn. It makes me turn too much. All the racers that were racing with me flipped a good amount of times at that part. They are not bad racers either, all of them have placed in a few tournaments. Overall the map was really well forged, but the map just didn't have very much flow. It might be fine to race by yourself, but definitely not a tournament map.

Excellent response jbarron and I agree with almost all your statements. Generally when maps are produced, they are either clearly tournament, or clearly "fun". However this map falls in between. I wouldn't say that is a good thing however... I don't know how I would classify an "in-between map". Cause that means it was either attempted to be a "fun" map that isn't fun or is a "tournament" track with many issues. Regardless, it is still a good track.

I liked the first half of the track, but the rest just seemed poor. The whole map showed high quality forging skill, but the flow of the map was lacking. The one major problem I had with the track is the shield door bounce after coming off the last turn in the track. It bounces you into the wall more often than not and there is not way you can take the high side. There shouldn't even be a high side to the track because you bounce up and hit the double boxes above you. Also, right before that part, you can sometime hit the bridge above you if you take the high side. I know you will probably respond with take the low side. That is fine if you are racing by yourself, but not with multiple racers. I personally don't like single wide banked turns, but this one is at least at a wider angle, so I can deal with it. I didn't like the grav lift assisted part of the track after the double wide box turn. It makes me turn too much. All the racers that were racing with me flipped a good amount of times at that part. They are not bad racers either, all of them have placed in a few tournaments. Overall the map was really well forged, but the map just didn't have very much flow. It might be fine to race by yourself, but definitely not a tournament map.

I agree with most of your points except for the part you said you flipped at that part and the bad flow. While it may be a difficult turn, I rarely see people flip on it, even during big parties. While I played with some inexperienced racers in a full party, there were only 2 flips. And despite being a long track, alot of people note the high speed feeling they get on the track. I understand your concern with the shield door bounce, but I just didnt want to make that landing rough. Kinda piky about rough parts of the track. Your right about hitting the bridge, I apologize, but there was almost nothing I could do there that would help. Many of the problems come from the fact that half of it was forged right after Saturn was published, including the single wide part. None of my new maps have single wide parts. I'll add you if you want to see my ne map. Its all double wide.