c u l8er

Niagra Falls

61 posts in this topic

Track: Niagra Falls

Map: Foundry

Makers: Mr Frodo24 and Ideated by screwball13

Okay, so finally this map has been released. This map has a very creative, innovative, cool, and just plain sick and nasty start. You spawn up next to your mongeese, hop in, and drive out a hole in this huge double wide ramp and right onto the track. Then you go around a banked 90 degree turn and into a 180 degree shield door assisted turn. You then go up a ramp that leads into a small jump up onto a platform. Some grav lifts slow you down up there and then you go into a somewhat off-cambered turn that takes you down and around. You then go along a straightaway and around another 180 degree shield door assisted turn. This leads you through the un-cheatable checkpoint and into a massive double wide ramp going up to the top of the level. You then get up to where the other ramp goes down and go right over the hole where the mongeese come out and through the track all over again.

Features of this Map:

--All double wide

--Completely cheat proof

--Amazing ramps that are fast and fluent

--Innovative start that will blow your mind

Q: What inspired your creation?

A: Well, one day me, screwball, and lastlaugh were hanging around and screwball go this ingenious idea for a mongoose start. So me and lastlaugh started to make it and then it kind of stopped production. Then me and screwball were in a party about 2 weeks later and he said, "Whatever happened to that map" So we went and started looking at it again and took out almost everything except for the start. And one day I was bored and had a lot of time on my hands and screwball wasn't on so in about 5-6 hours I constructed the rest of the map. Another 2-3 hours of tweaking went into it as well. That included bordering, and making the map un-cheatable.

Q: How long did it take to create?

A: Total Hours = 11-17

Pre-Production = 1-2

Production = 7-10

Post - Production = 3-5

Q: What aspect took the longest to get right?

A: Probably the off-cambered-ish turn because the bridges weren't being cooperative and I had to save changes a lot to get it right. And then when I was trying to get the last 2 or 3 bridges in to connect it to the next part of the track, I probably had to save changes over 25 times total. It was tough. I can't imagine how much harder it was to do in WallRider.

screenshot1c7d7f62to1.jpg

Download Link

This post has been promoted to an article

I don't mean to rain on your parade or any thing, but I made this kind of start on my first foundary map back in December. It's not as original as you think.

Drop-In

This is the start I had. It might not be as clean as yours but I definitly made it first.

Start

That's hardly even close to what mine is. Your start is like way out there and mine is right there underneath the ramp and in the middle of it. Yes, the idea is pretty much the same, but it is still original and fun. I'm pretty sure this is the only map made by a member of HaloTracks that has this unique start, and also has a good track to back it up

@Bulle - I have to tweak the map some more because on the bridge turn you can hit the claw so I have to tweak it a bit more. Probably next weekend I'll be done and then we'll see about the vid. Thanks man.

That's hardly even close to what mine is. Your start is like way out there and mine is right there underneath the ramp and in the middle of it. Yes, the idea is pretty much the same, but it is still original and fun. I'm pretty sure this is the only map made by a member of HaloTracks.org that has this unique start, and also has a good track to back it up

I am in HaloTracks.org.

By the way, my start is only about a foot from the drop.

Overall, you still have a nice map. I was just making my point that you didn't make it first.

This isn't one of those ranting posts where people yell at each other over stupid stuff and try to steal ideas.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. ;)

yea, that really has no relevance to frodos track. his was the first one like it.

I'm talking about my start which has relevance if you read the last 3 posts above yours