46 posts in this topic

Jagged Peak

Map Made By: JBARRON402

Link to Download: Jagged Peak

Gametype:RACETRACKS

Youtube video:

IzGKbablyC0

Description

This is an off-road style of racetrack. You start off in an 8 mongoose garage, then you are launched up onto the racetrack. The start is designed to release everyone at the same time, which is ten seconds after the game has started. This map features a bank turn, a unique hill to the top, and jump through the finish line. The finish line is cheat proof. If someone actually makes it through on foot to score a point, they will be sent all the way across the map and fall severely behind the rest of the racers.

Changes:

*I have fixed the inconsistency with the launch at the beginning. Players are no longer launched into the wall occasionally.

*The ability to cheat has been completely full proofed.

*I have added a tunnel, just a roof after the bank turn

*Tweaked the bank turn barriers to increase the flow of the map.

*Interlocked more areas and smoothed some ruff patches out. Made a few things a little more pleasing visually. Changed the name because I got a lot of crap for it.

*Sealed off the map a little more. Even if you happen to find your way out, it does not benefit you at all.

Community Q and A:

What inspired your creation?

- I just found some time to forge again, so I took a few aspects from my favorite racing games. I wanted to create a map that didn't do the racing for you. By that, I mean I wanted the driver to use some skill in turning, braking, and timing things. The hill to the top looks simple, but when you race it, you will find a little timing is in order to get to the top the fastest. That being said, it doesn't require you to be the best mongoose racer, just to use the skills we all have inside us.

How long did it take to create?

-It took me about 14 hours or so. I kept having to make changes and such. I took about another 2 hours tweaking and testing. I would make things, then tear them down or go in a different direction. I took another two or three hours fixing errors for the second version and adding things in.

What aspect took the longest to get right?

- No one thing really took a lot longer than another. I would just say trying to put everything together and getting a little bit of my forging ability back. The longest part was the thinking of my ideas. and constantly changing them. I went through a few ideas for creating the garage and how to start out the race. That aspect would have to be the longest creating and testing process. I went through several ideas and had change from the first version.

Pics:

Garage:

Garage.jpg

Banked Turn:

Bankedturn2.jpg

Tunnel:

exittotunnel.jpg

Hill to Top:

hill.jpg

Jump Over the Finish Line:

finishline.jpg

Join our Racing Community:

http://www.halotracks.org/forum/index.php?code=join

Other Maps Made by Me:

Cliff Hanger -- Featured on Bungie Faves

Speed Mountain4

Aftermath

Link: My Maps

Great track! Good to see you fixed the flaws from version 1, especially that difficult but possible way of cheating I found. It is amazing just like the rest of your tracks.

Great Track im going to play it as you read this, hopefully its better then it looks cause it looks awsome, and goodluck on your future tracks ^_^

dont down load this map some one else made the exact same map before him he just copied it!!!!

the name is like offroading or somethin

dont down load this map some one else made the exact same map before him he just copied it!!!!

He didn't copy it he made it himself. If you're talking about 'Rock Crawler' he made that too. This is just a version 2 with a different name.

I definitely made this map. I know this because I remember saying to myself, "I made this map." Seriously, I did make the map and if someone else is claiming they made it, I would like you kindly to give me their name. If you downloaded it before, here is a simple solution to find out:

1. Log on to bungie.net

2. check your download history

3. Look at the name who posted it

Please let me know if it my name or not on the map. You aren't the only person to make this mistake. I would appreciate you not making accusations until you investigate things a little first though.

This is a second version and he canged the name if you did not know that he also made ~Rock Crawler~ so this and that map are his.

HaloTracks Rocks!!!!