Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c u l8er

Vertigo

63 posts in this topic

(On Foundry, by Fretless Arcade)

vertigo1uz8.jpg

This track is unique because you never go on a flat surface for very long, every straightaway goes either up, down, or both. After ten seconds the camo appears to signal the start. You go down a huge drop-in and make a U-turn. Then you go over and down a giant hill. After a gravity lift assisted U-turn, you go up a ramp and after a turn you go up another ramp. Then you go down a smooth drop and back up another ramp to the VIP point. This track is completely double wide and meant for competitive racing while also being entertaining and a lot of fun!

Spotlight Q&A
What inspired your creation?

I raced a track called drop-in and the track wasnt great but the drop-in was and I wanted to make my own version of it and then the rest of the track was built around it.

How long did it take to create?
About 5-7 hours. For the first time just about everything worked the first time I tried it so this track went by really fast.

What aspect took the longest to get right?
The drop-in. I had to make it as smooth as possible while removing one of the middle pieces so you could jump through it to restart the track.

Download RACETRACKS Gametype

vertigo2br8.jpg

Thanks! I actually was not going to try and feature this one untill goldman left me a comment saying how well made it looked and that just by looking at the pics he could tell it could get featured! Thank you goldman!

it is a good idea with the waves but the map is a bit sloppy and rough in some places that i think are not soppose to the last jump you get a lot of speed on then you run straight into the wall of the very sharp turn before the destioation

the map has some very good ideas but not great put together

it is a good idea with the waves but the map is a bit sloppy and rough in some places that i think are not soppose to the last jump you get a lot of speed on then you run straight into the wall of the very sharp turn before the destioation

the map has some very good ideas but not great put together

If you know anything about my tracks you would know that I design tracks for skilled racing! You not supposed to go full blast the entire time, that would require no skill! The fence wall hill after the gravity lift turn is a high risk jump where you can either slow down and play smart or you can go full blast and try to jump straight to the next fence walls and risk getting messed up. The jump before the VIP point and the drop at at the VIP point are designed to punish bad drivers for not driving smart! Just drive smart and slow down a little and there isnt a problem! Why does everyone go full blast and run into everything all the time? Why cant people drive with at least a little skill? Drive smart and youll be fine!If your going to run into a wall, SLOW DOWN!

PS: LKF, I used waves because they drive up and down smoother than standard ramps. They start by going from flat to vertical, and then from vertical to flat so it drives up and then evens out smoothly.